We all have that favorite meal we look forward to everyday and mine just so happens to be breakfast. So I wake up in the morning everyday and look forward to this meal and filling my body with yumminess. I love nothing more than a big ole' plate (or bowl in this instance) with a variety of my favorite breakfast foods including eggs, some greens, fruit, and all that good stuff!
As someone who is constantly on the go, I need a breakfast that is going to be super simple and quick but also equally delicious! Breakfast is essential because it gives us the energy we need to get through the day, regulates our metabolism, and improves brain function. So make sure ya don't skip out on breakfast! Also, make sure that it is a balanced meal and you aren't loading up on sugars or unhealthy fats.
I've created a few simple and nutritious breakfast bowl recipes that I alternate between throughout the week. All of these bowls satisfy my taste buds and fuel me for my day! If prepared right, most of these bowls take less than 5-10 minutes to make and giving you the time to sit down and enjoy your meal!
Gluten-Free Brown Sugar & Honey Oatmeal Bowl
• 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats (use Nature's Path Gluten Free Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal if you're short on time!)
• 1/4 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
• 2/3 cup Califia almond milk (substitute with any nut milk)
- Discoll's blueberries
- Navitas Organics Coconut Hemp Pumpkin Seeds
- Barney's Smooth Almond Butter
- Trader Joes chia seeds
- 1 tsp Wedderspoon Manuka honey (this stuff is so delish!)
Harvest Brekkie Bowl
• 1 cup riced cauliflower (I buy mine from Trader Joe's, stock up because it sells out fast!)
• 1/4 tsp Live 24K Golden Fuel (turmeric collagen blend)
• 2 handfuls fresh spinach - sautéed in olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic
• 1 large baked sweet potato seasoned with cinnamon
• 1 large brown egg sunny side up (I love Vital Farms eggs! So fresh!)
• 1 handful of cherry tomatoes sautéed in ghee and pepper
Coconut Yoghurt Parfait Bowl
• 1 cup Coyo Coconut Milk Yoghurt (substitute with any coconut or dairy yogurt)
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple diced
- 1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth Gluten-Free Ancient Grain Granola (substitute for any gluten-free granola)
- 1 tsp Wedderspoon Manuka honey
- dash of cinnamon
I hope you enjoy these simple little recipes and that they help you to make time for a nourishing breakfast! I'd love to hear some of your favorite breakfast recipes, share with me in the comment section below or on my Instagram post!